Wednesday, May 7, 2008

hanging threads

Thought I'd report...on my ride to work this morning, I noticed a hanging thread inside my mouth. Just to the right of the corner of my mouth, just beyond the elastics...my doctor mentioned that my stitches were "coming apart" on Monday...I thought they'd just fall out in knots like the other ones did, not literally unravel and hang from the rafters. Sheesh.

But I can't feel it now, and I'm sitting at work...so maybe I swallowed it w/ my milk and powdered grains meal...

Oh, and something great I kinda rediscovered while walking through Costco w/ my brother on Monday: La Vache Qui Rit, aka The Laughing Cow soft cheese triangles!

I ate a triangle with a plastic knife today at my desk. Nice, eh? I cut it into thin slivers and slipped the knife into my mouth, and wiped the cheese off on my tongue. It was so good. I know, it's supposed to be used as a spread or what not, but I can't eat bread or crackers yet.
The other day, I didn't have yogurt with me but found some whipped cream cheese so I added a table spoon of that to my mashed bananas...it was different. I don't know if I'll do it again, but it wasn't so horrendous. A gal's gotta do what she gotta do for food.


I asked to purchase a 4-pack of the larger pureed food Zip n Squeeze bags from someone I found on the Yahoo Support Group. I can't wait! It's like the adult orthognatic version of the cool new lunch box.
I mean, I can now bring more than Ensure to work! I might be well on my way to doing full days at work. :)

I hope he gets my e-mail soon and sends it soon so I get it this week....ooooh....Zip n Squeeze.

5 comments:

Erin said...

Grace - I just wrote out a big long comment & blogger had an error and lost it. :( Can you email me at galbraith @ gmail dot com and I'll write back with a response to the questions you asked on my blog?

Erin

Shontelly said...

Thanks Grace and congrats on having the courage to go through with the surgery. To answer your questions:

I had my second surgery Feb. 14. I'm still going through the "extra tweaking." I think I may be almost finished, though. 1 or 2 more adjustments, maybe. Which would make a total of 2 or 3 adjustments after surgery.
I'm still swollen. Some days it looks like it's all gone but then it comes back. Who knows how long it will take to go away. ?? I got some red bumps too for my first surgery. It was all over my body. I think it was medicine related too. It goes away.

Well, looks like you figured out how to link bloggers to your blog already. Happy blogging! Thanks for checking out my blog.

Heather said...

Hi Grace...nice to meet you. Thanks for visiting my blog. I have read yours and look forward to reading more from you. Hope to hear from you again...take care and good luck with your recovery.

Katherine said...

Hi there. I found your blog from Holly's and just wanted to let you know that your photos of your "before" jaw struck a chord with me. I have an overbite, too, and *totally* identified with your comments on each photo. :) I think you have a gorgeous smile, and your personal style shows in each photo. I hope you're pleased with the final result.

Cannot wait to see your "after" photos.

Stephanie said...

Hi Grace! Thanks for your comments on my blog. To answer your questions on my photos, I started by taking my own and scanning in the ones from my OD. I still take my own sometimes, but I found that my OD uses a software program called Sesame for managing things like your account, appointments, and even has a section where they upload all photos, cephs, x-rays, tomos, ect. ... so I was able to download some of those and upload them to my site! They turn out much better than I can do myself. I'm glad I could help you out on the doxy ... especially if I could prevent you from having the same thing that happened to me.