Saturday, April 19, 2008

Swallowing Stitches and socked in the nose?

that's exactly how I feel.

I meant to post this yesterday, but the internet was down and I was in too much pain to do anything about it.
Between yesterday morning and yesterday evening, something went really, really badly. I woke up with some groggy morning pain and discomfort yesterday, but I thought it would get better. NOPE! It progressed downward all day. For the past few days/nights, everytime I reclined at all, I felt a heaviness in my upper teeth/sinus/nose area. And heard some weird little pops and clicks. Yeah, not good, but things blow over, right? Once again, NOPE! I'm worse now than I was on Wednesday and Thursday. I ate significantly more yesterday than I did on Wednesday and Thursday, possibly even as much as ate both days. So nutrition should be decent right now, but I'm still lacking appetite.

And last night, I had soooo much trouble sleeping. Between yesterday morning and like wee hours of this morning, I've self-medicated more than I have in any single day in the past week. Well, I guess self-medicating is the wrong word, as I've been prescribed those meds, but it's also been suggested that I lay off the really strong stuff. But boy did I need that "sleep aid" last night. Even with it, I had fitful sleep if not whimpering in pain and awake.
So I feel like someone socked my nose while I was looking elsewhere. And I felt like everything I ate yesterday got clogged in the cavity between the roof of my mouth and my nose, extending to the back of my throat (or whatever is there). And I feel a bit of that right now.

Oh, and I also found out yesterday that I have absolutely no feeling on the roof of my mouth and my upper front teeth. I don't know what my back teeth are doing b/c I can't stick anything back there to see if they have any living, working nerves connected to that area. All along, I felt like I had burnt the roof of my mouth and hence was numb. But I never ate anything hot enough to burn my lips, okay, I did once, but didn't notice it was hot until it touched my tongue b/c my lips were lacking a crucial sense. Kinda like leprosy. But I never even once thought I couldn't feel the roof of my mouth b/c my tongue knew what it was touching I couldn't stick my finger in my mouth to feel around until I decided to move my jaws more yesterday. It was creaky and a little painful, but I didn't want to loose too much range of motion.

And yeah, so my upper lip might be doing great, but the inside isn't. Which also brings me to the fact that I think I swallowed about 3 loose stitches today alone. And I saw at least one trickle down the drain when I brushed my teeth and spat one out and preserved while at the sink. I have like 4 dried-out stitches I proudly fished off the tip of my tongue like a cat proud of her catch of mice. But it's partially gross and one of them stunk pretty bad and when I rinsed my mouth with salt water, there was a whole lot of wispy reddish-brown stuff that came out of the area that just lost the stitch. I think it might have been bits off of a blood clot where the stitch used to be.
And I'm having trouble brushing my right molars b/c it hurts so very much to stick my toothbrush back there. It's like I'm ripping open the inside of my mouth with a toothbrush. Yeah, it hurts. I can endure the pulling when I do it to the left side but the right side is a whole different monster. It hurts. And that one area on the left side of my chin that I can't feel anything? I think it's doing a Sahara Desert. It's expanding. I dribble alot and oddly enough, I can feel the burning of spicy foods left on my lips but the I can only feel tingles when I touch it. It sucks that I can feel pain but can't feel essential sensations.

I think that's it for today. :)

No comments: