Tuesday, April 29, 2008

rough copies of x-rays

I tried to scan in my x-ray prints...and the results weren't good. But thought I'd post anyways, and try to figure out a better way to get it from paper to computer. Color copy/scanning? Taking a picture of the prints with my camera?


Tuesday, May 6, 2008

I can't figure out a way to post this as today's post w/out having to re-write everything and repost my pictures....I started this post a while ago, but the x-ray photocopies were in pdf and I couldn't post them...I thought once I edited it and "published" it, it would post under today's date. Oh well...

Well, I finally got around to converting the pdf's into jpegs...of the bad copies. They'll have to do. Here they are.


The first is a side view, obviously, and you can sorta tell that there are metal strips/L-shaped things and screws in my sinus cavity...well, holding that upper jaw in place, and I also have metal plates and 4 screws holding those plates on each side of my lower jaw.

What's pretty obvious is the problem w/ my C-spine. It's not curved into a C, it's straight. It should be a backward facing C, but my ortho issues were keeping me from getting that addressed...maybe once the braces come off, I'll attend to that, b/c it's affecting my back. I had a chiropractor who said my TMJ issues may have caused the scoliosis (sp?) and my C-spine issue. He said b/c of muscle tenstion, I might have started to hold my shoulders/neck/back in a certain way to alieve some of the pain and then things got screwy. I also had joint surgery at 14, and since then my smile got scriniched to the right and the slope of my right shoulder changed and I have smaller tense muscles in my right shoulder. The surgery was on my right side...so it's very possible the TMJ could've started the slew of other back/neck issues. I know it screwed w/ my jaw/bone growth, but that's been operated on, so hopefully that'll be fine in another 6 months. :)


Now, the next bad, rough photocopy of my x-rays will show the lower ones better...the photocopier didn't do the gray parts well so either it turned out all white or all black so it's actually a very bad copy...better find a new way to show the x-rays more accurately.


I'm as proud of my x-rays as a tot is of her new bandaid...gosh, will I ever grow up?
heehee...

But, you can see the metal plates and screws better on the bottom. I thik that line above my upper teeth is the line that they cut my bone on. and you can see some of the metal plates (these are L-shaped) w/ some screws that's holding things together up there.

So, there, I've reported some pictures, finally...I'll try to get better pictures and maybe ditigal copeis of all this if the doctor will hand them over...I just hope they have it in jpeg format or something I can work with b/c the last time I asked for the treatment plan, a year ago, I was sent all these files I couldn't open w/out special medical programs...poo.

Well, still on a puree diet so I'm gonna go purchase some Zip n Squeeze puree bags to help me out. I'm always hungry when I'm not home. :(
I survive on juice and milk and pureed soups. Chicken noodle purees really well, and I tried Chicken Tortilla and it wasn't as smooth, but still the flavor was appreciated. I laid off the mashed potatoes tonight b/c I didn't want to get sick of eating them b/c that's one food I can eat in its "normal" form...that and silken tofu, which I mash up and slurp in w/ soup or bbq sauce.


No comments: