Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday/Saturday Midnight...

Still at the office on a Friday night...now Saturday morning.  Eating the other half of my $35 meal...Squid Ink Risotto from Grove Lounge.  It's cold now.  And it's a little on the fishy side, but I figure the Koreans probably like it this way.

Korean women (maybe men too, but haven't been in their bathroom) brush their teeth after lunch every day, and keep a toothbrush at the office.  Actually, I was puzzled at first when I saw tubes of toothpaste at the bathroom sinks, and I thought someone must have left it there.  But I think it's actually provided by the company or the building and there are multiple tubes of the same toothpaste at both sink areas on either side of the women's room.  I see many of the secretaries keep their toothbrush in a cup in the cabinet under the bathroom sink.  I don't brush my teeth after lunch.  I feel like an uncivilized monster, only brushing my teeth twice a day, as recommended by the ADA.

Then, I wonder what Korean women (and possibly men) do after they go out to dinner?  Do they carry a toothbrush around?

No comments: